....

Customize It All

Friday, February 24, 2012

New Computer...Oh the Freedom

Two days ago I had the pleasure of opening a box which contained my brand new computer.  The computer is an Asus K53E-XQ2-PK 15.6 Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop.  In other words, my new laptop is made by a company named Asus, is a part of the K series, and it's pink (my favorite color).   

I had my old laptop since Christmas of 2008.  The thing was fine until I started getting into indie game development, vloging, and image editing software such as Photoshop.  That poor laptop was trying it's best to open up Photoshop, itunes, or anything in general.  My new laptop opens a program as soon as I click the program's icon.  The computer is so fast it frightens me.  Despite how much I use computers, I am not an expert on explaining how great a laptop can be.  So here is a link on what laptop I just brought:  http://www.amazon.com/K53E-XQ2-BU-15-6-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Laptop/dp/tech-data/B005E81QBK/ref=de_a_smtd

What buying a new computer means is that I can finally do some indie game development without worrying if my computer is going to freeze anytime soon.  The only thing that could hold me back from game development is just myself now and that is a really good feeling.  Well there is one problem I am facing right now.  I had to leave Photoshop on my old computer so I am looking for a free or cheaper alternative to stick with such as Artweaver 0.5, Gimp 2, Corel Sketchpad, and Inkscape. 

The decisions.


 

0 comments: